Converting Your Civil Partnership to Marriage

Good news for civil partners who want a marriage certificate. The government has confirmed that from 10th December couples will be able to exchange their civil partnership certificate for a marriage certificate backdated to the date of the civil partnership. Applications will be dealt with by your local registry office.

Any queries, please do email me on

Alex Davies, described by Chambers & Partners as a leading lawyer in his field, is the head of family law team at Cripps. Our expert family solicitors are experienced in advising clients in Tunbridge Wells and London about nuptial agreements, both before and after marriage. Alex Davies   can be contacted on +44 1892 506326 or on